Waiting to Discover Gender

Am I alone out here? I waited to find out the gender of my baby until she was born. It was a great surprise, and we plan to wait until to birth to discover the gender of our next child as well. My family and friends were confused by this, and THEY pushed for me to find out the gender! Anyone else decide to wait on discovering the gender? And if you did, what opposition did you receive from family and friends.

Imogen13

Asked by Imogen13 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• We waited to find out the gender with our first. If we have a 2nd, we plan on finding out the gender just to help us out financially as far as what clothes to buy. We kind of went PINK crazy after she was born.
    NAldinger

Answer by NAldinger at 10:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I waited with my first!! It was a big suprise. I found out when I was pregnant with my twins because I really needed a lot. When I was pregnant with Zoe ( who passed on at 2 months) I did not know until birth, With Luke I do not remember. I believe I found out at the birth. My last child Jessa I really wanted to know.
    I do believe that is the best part of giving birthis the anticipation of the doctors words; It's a girl or it's a boy!!!
    NASCARmom887

Answer by NASCARmom887 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I waited with my first. Look you know you are pregnant, you kind of know when you are due. The surprise of finding out at the time of birth is great. I wanted to wait with my second also but the day before I had her I had to have an amnio [sp] and while they were watching the needle's location one of the tech's  said oh look it's a little girl. lol
    tericared

Answer by tericared at 2:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I wanted to know with both of mine and did find out accurately. Now that I have a boy and girl (and don't feel I am in need of much new) I'd like to wait if we get pregnant again.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I have 4 kids and I didn't know the gender of any of them...I like the surprise...my family supported me in this!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I could NOT wait! I think that's one of the most exciting times during pregnancy - finding out the gender. It was great. I did a 3D ultrasound with 18 family members in the room with me... it was so exciting AND we painted the room pink with butterflies before she was born, and had a very girly baby shower... we were all set...
    emilyschildcare

Answer by emilyschildcare at 5:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2008