What does it mean when you are dreaming about hubbys good friend? adult content

Over the past month I have been having a dream about my husbands pretty good friend. Almost all of the dreams are fairly pg-13 just a lot of passionate kissing with some clothing removed. In my dream I am aware of the fact that I am married and he is too.
Nothing has ever happened in real life I don't even usually speak to him without my husband around. I have never cheated on my husband and we have a very healthy sex life. Why would this be happening? I need to put a stop to these dreams as I am embarssed to even be around him even though neither of them know whats going on. Plus I feel absolutely guilty when I wake up because they seem so real and my husband is lying in bed next to me being so faithful. Also side note hubbys been having dreams about me cheating totally creeped me out when he told me this morning. Do I even talk to him about it? Im affraid it may hurt our relationship.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• dont tell him. Get it out of your head. Maybe you are chemically attracted to him so your subconsciencs is messing with you. Find a celeb or someone untouchable in reality to have an attraction toward, that seems to be much better in a relatoinship
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Good goodness, girl! Hell no, don't talk to DH about your dreams. You may find the friend attractive but that doesn't mean you would do anything about it - it's just a dream, a fantasy - we all have them. Acknowledge to yourself that the dreams are just that and don't obsess over them.

As far as your husband's dream about you cheating - tell him exactly what you said in your post - you love him, would never cheat and the two of you have a healthy sex life. Then get busy doing the wild thing and reassure him - and you - that he's the one that's got your heart and um, well you know. GL
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 2:20 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think i am going to keep it to myself even though i usually tell him everything. I think this would hurt him. Im am going to call my sister in law and ask her to watching the kids friday night i think he may need to spice things up so i can start dreaming about him again ;) This could have something to do with our 5 yr anniversary coming up in less than 2 months. I hoping once that passes this will all go away.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• No harm in fantasizing (or in this case dreaming ) about another man; as long as you don't intend on acting upon it. We all have fantasized about another man at some point or another! But no; I wouldn't tell the Hubby about it; especially since he had dreams of you cheating. I would ask the hubby why he thinks he's having these dreams; does he feel insecure in your relationship for some reason? Best thing to do is reassure him. Perhaps there is something that you may or may not notice in you hubby's friend that attracts you to him; that your husband may be lacking. For example I became extremely attracted to a coworker. He would take the time at work to let me talk about things that were stressing me out, and genuinely listened. He offered me a shoulder to lean and cry on when I needed it the most. My s/o on the other hand tried to be there; but he wasn't as supportive as I needed him to be. It was simply a harmless crush that
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 4:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• eventually went away on it's own.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

• I've heard that dreams often include one of the last things you think about when you go to sleep. Maybe you and your DH has a conversation about him or you were thinking about some upcoming get togethers between your families. If you are not attracted to him in real life, just let it go. You can't control what your brain does when you a sleeping. try reading a book or listenig to some music right before you fall asleep. Then your dreams might include some musicians or book characters that you don't have to feel guilty dreaming about.
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• don't tell him it's just a dream. You obviously have some kind of attraction to this guy but as long you keep your attractions in your dream I wouldn't have any worries. I have dreams about a co worker all the time but it's my own little personal fantasy that no one will know about ever.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I don't think it's about attraction, as I've had sexual dreams about people I know for sure I'm not attracted to!! I wouldn't worry too much about what your dreaming, just because you're having sex in the dream doesn't mean what you're working out is about sex! I would just keep the dreams to myself and then before bed try to focus on something else before bed (a favorite song, your favorite place) and hope it sticks lol. Although you can't control your dreams, maybe you can influence them.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2011