Did you Hear about Adam Walsh?

Florida Police announced today that they have solved the 1981 murder of Adam Walsh who is the son of John Walsh, the host of America's Most wanted. It is so sad what happned with thier poor 6 year old son. Do you think they feel a sense of relief now knowing who did it?

lilymama03

Asked by lilymama03 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• yeah i think so i remember watching a movie about his son called adam do u know where i could find it? oh who did it? and why?
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• They haven't announced all the details, they are going to be making a news release in the next couple of hours. I just read this on Yahoo News a few minutes ago.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• thats so sad but im sure it helps them in a way atleast they know now who did it.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• They said something about the press conference being at 6pm
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 3:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Here is the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081216/ap_on_re_us/adam_walsh
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My stepdad's sister was murdered in 80 and they just found the guy 3 years ago. She was only 15 when it happened. My grandparents had to relive the nightmare over again. They never used to talk about it b/c it was too painful. They had to go through a trial and he was convicted. They are grateful he was caught and off the streets. I think for any family it would be a relief.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Police say Fla. boy's 1981 murder is solved

*
    Buzz Up
    * Send
    o Email

1 min ago

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. – Authorities in South Florida say they've finally solved the 1981 killing of a boy whose father later gained fame as the host of "America's Most Wanted."

Hollywood police said Tuesday that a man long considered the lead suspect in 6-year-old Adam Walsh's death has finally been named as the man responsible for the crime. But he won't be tried: Serial killer Ottis Toole (AH'-tis TOOL) died in prison more than a decade ago.

Toole had confessed to the killing, but later recanted. He claimed hundreds of murders, but police determined most of the confessions were lies. Toole's niece told the boy's father, John Walsh, her uncle gave a deathbed confession.

John Walsh has said he believed Toole killed his son. He says not knowing was torture, but "that journe
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'm pretty sure this is where "Code Adam" came from, he is also the reason John Walsh has stayed on with America's Most Wanted for so many years.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• wow!! I'm so glad they finally know!! I was obsessed with this case for a long time. Adam was close to my age and I can remember sticking to my moms side for years after it happened.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Oh wow! I had not heard. That was such a horrific story, like many others. I am glad they will finally get closure.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2008