Hands tied

my older daughter is with a man id my self would kick to the curb. they have been together for at least twelve years. he treats her like a child punishes her when she doesnt act like he thinks she should. they have two boys. they have an old beat up truck that belongs to his mom. my daughter drives it to work. right now it has raditior problems he has a new car but since hes mad at her he wont let her drive his new car. they filed for a divorce but havent followed through. she says she loves him. i believe she does. but i believe they are not good together. i just hate to see her hurt so much. they know how to push each others buttons. she wants me to tell her what she wants to hear but i cant.

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 2:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Well you have to be true and honest about how you feel, so telling her the truth is the right thing to do, be honest and to the point about it then all you can do it let her make her own decisions, I know this must be one of the hardest things to watch your daughter go through a bad relationship and their is nothing you can really do about it, I pray I never have to go through this. I hope for the best outcome for your daughter ((hugs))
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• offer her your support and help that's all you can do. if she is willing and ready to finish up that divorce help her. its sad when there are children involved but you can only help if she wants it.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2011