How do you make egg drop soup?

Mybabies1N5

Asked by Mybabies1N5 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Try this one: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Restaurant-Style-Egg-Drop-Soup/Detail.aspx
    I have been craving this most of this pregnancy and it gets expensive running to the Chinese place all the time because you can't buy just the soup, they have amazing onion rings too!
    My place doesn't use chicken broth, it's much more bland, but in a good way. When I make it I use only half the chicken boullion recommended (so like one cube to 2 cups water) because I haven't figured out what they use instead. I'd like to buy some tofu and put cubes of that in like my local place does.
    As far as getting the eggs to be ribbony, I've found it's easiest to beat them in a bowl with a spout and pour it slowly through the tines of a fork. They should be the LAST thing you add, and turn off the heat first. They will cook better and not get puffy. SWIRL the soup, don't stir it.
    Hope this helps, I made some yesterday!
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 4:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2008