Do you trade nights with your husband when the baby wakes up?

I know some moms do switch with daddy to care for the baby at night, do you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no i didn't my bf was the one working and got up at 4 so i was doing all the work now that it is switched and i am the one working while he is layed off he does it lol
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• No cuz I nurse and stay home with him all day and he works! So I get up with him!
    Mommy2Bx32008

Answer by Mommy2Bx32008 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My husband works very early like 4ish and my daughter doesn't fall asleep until late around 2 or 3am, I think she is an insomniac! After that she sleeps until usually 8 or 9 and then goes back to sleep until about noon...so needless to say I take care of her for the most part
    Anonymous

• Heck no! my SO sleeps right thru it!!!!!!!
    shauna9909

Answer by shauna9909 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• That's sort of hard to do when you're breastfeeding...
    Anonymous

• My SO plays the sleep act, pretends he can't hear the baby. It don't matter I have to nurse and he is so use to my scent I'm the only one that can sooth him. So I let him sleep he wouldn't be any help anyway.
    mama28th

Answer by mama28th at 3:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• No. Now that our daughter is older (3) he takes care of her when she wakes up at night, and I take care of our son (16 mos)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Mostly me because my husband works and im a SAHM it's part of the package sadly but he usually gets up and makes a bottle or helps when more than one gets up.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 3:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• It didn't make sense for him to be up when I was breastfeeding, and he did not handle sleep deprivation well at all. Because we had twins he tried getting up with me to help for a while, but after a few weeks I told him to stop because he was just too grouchy without sleep. After we changed to bottles he got up every once in awhile, but it was still mostly me. He will get up now if I am sick or if I've been up with sick babies for several nights in a row, but if he does he feels entitled to sleep in the next morning which means he is unavailable when I am trying to get ready for work. I'd rather he sleep and be ready to help out in the morning!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• He feeds the baby before we go to bed and when he doesn't have to work the next day or is working at home he gets up with him at night. He is so helpful!
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 3:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2008