Any other firefighters or EMT's out there?

I've juggled single mothering along with being a paid EMT-B at our local hospital and a volunteer firefighter on 2 local departments for approx 6 years now. I LOVE the work, but have a new lot in life. It's amazing work! Just wondered how many others there are out there like me!

AudraMorgan

Asked by AudraMorgan at 2:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• My good friend is an EMT, single with 3 kids. I applaud you.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• no but whats your new lot in life?
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• For years, I was torn between nursing and paramedic... flying on lifeline or being a traveling nurse... and now, I am going to set all that aside and am going to get a teaching certificate.. specializing in autism.. and am not sure yet where I'll end up .. state or federal level as an autism advocate for the school system. May just have to make a new position for myself... I have fought for 12 years to get my daughter assistance.. and FINALLY have got it NOW that she is 17. I have a new passion.. :) Going to help other parents.. other kids.. going to change the world.. so to speak! (I still have such a passion and desire for FF and EMS, but this passion burns hotter!)
    AudraMorgan

Comment by AudraMorgan (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2011