I need to lose a lot of weight...

I mean like 140lbs. I use to be 5"10 and 150lbs before I had my daughter in 08 and in 3 years blew up to 290lbs after two kids. I have no idea how it happened. I use to be able to control myself and run 6 miles a day. Now I'm tired after walking the dog and actually gained 30lbs after having my daughter. I'm tired of being this big, I'm only 21 I should not be or ever be this overweight. But I have no idea where to even start. My daughters 1st birthday is in 2 months and I will be seeing a lot of family and friends I haven't seen in a long time I don't want to be seen like this Even losing 20lbs by then is better then this. I don't want my bag habits rubbing of on my kids. when I was 16 I lost 60lbs on summer by starving myself pretty much. I can't do that now, while breastfeeding. I need help ladies getting my life back and in control any info or advise it great at this point. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Healthy food with calories that are appropriate for a breastfeeding mother and exercise? Minimize snacks...drink more water.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 3:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• your off to a great start! i would make sure you can focus just on this and be sure not to be distracted with other things such as too much work or school, or a book club, etc you get my point. yea and self control is a biggy. it sure is hard. maybe the fact that theres such thing as a runners high will motivate you, as it does me to run my ass off until i feel high lol yea try that. also set very very small goals for yourself. never take on too much or else youll never want to excersize again! i think the walks you take your dog are too long. just start very small, take shorter walks. GL stay strong!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I just started weight watchers with a friend. I like it.. it helps though that I have someone to do it with. good luck to you !!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:11 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Just remember to take it slow! Don't try to lose a ton weight in a short amount of time, because it's very unhealthy and unrealistic to keep that weight off. Reality shows like the Biggest Loser offer some good advice, but losing 150in 4 or 5 months? Come on! Most of the contestants gain back some weight after the show is over. So don't get frustrated it it takes a year or even 2 years. The longer it takes, the longer the the healthy habits you have taken up will stick with you. And don't starve yourself again! I agree with emmajo: weight watchers is awesome. I lost 75 pounds after I had my daughter on weight watchers and I don't go to meetings anymore, but I still use all the tools they provided to make sure the weights stays off. Good luck!
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Me too, I need to lose a lot of weight, I don't have any good advice b/c I am struggling now too. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in this. I need to lose 150 to be considered normal weight, I don't know if i am working for that amount. I look and feel better after losing 80 lbs.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It is never easy losing weight, if it were as easy to lose as it is to gain life would be great. Being consciously aware of what you are eating and keeping a food diary helps you see what you are doing, it may take a while but hang in there and good luck in taking positive steps in your health and happiiness
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:43 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I too need to lose a lot of weight. I just started a membership with my local YMCA, and started Zumba. My first class was last night, and I can tell you that it really works every muscle in your body, and it's FUN! It totally kicked my butt, but I'm going to be going back because I want to learn all the moves and I like a lot of the other women in the class. There's the accountability there that sort of pushes me too- I don't like to disappoint people, and they are all so nice at the Y.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Time to make some changes, mama!  Eating right and exercise are the tried and true ways to do it.  I've lost 65 lbs so far of the 100+ I needed to lose through eating clean and exercising (mostly running, and some strength training and cycling).  Eating clean is very safe (even ideal) while breastfeeding.  Just don't let your calorie count go below 1600 calories a day.  You CAN get back into running.  I started from scratch, and I would run a block, walk a block, then run two, walk two, then eventually I was running more and more.  Now I'm up to 7 miles on my long runs!  Part of what I love about eating clean is that I DON'T starve.

Here is more advice on losing weight.  Good luck!!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Try to walk several miles a day while maintaining a healthy diet. Don't think of it as exercise; instead, find a point of interest that you visit often (ex. coffeeshop, library...) that is 1-2 miles from your home and only allow yourself to walk to and from that location. For example, I visit the library four times per week, and it's a 4-mile walk round trip. Similarly, choose to walk when running local errands such as going to post office or buying a small amount of groceries. Join an exercise class that feels welcoming and encouraging. Good luck!
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 10:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011