Do you like the way you look?

When you look in the mirror, can you honestly say you like what you see? If not, what is it about yourself that you don't like? Wrinkles? Size? Hair or Eye color? What you see in your eyes?

What is it?

Can it be changed?

If not, you may need to find a way to accept it! Love yourself! Take care of you!

AudraMorgan

Asked by AudraMorgan at 3:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i'm getting there.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 3:04 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• some days I don't care that I am obese other days I do.
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 3:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I'm finally starting to like the way I look. I am looking from the inside out finally, instead of just the outside... that's how I've ALWAYS looked at myself.
    AudraMorgan

Comment by AudraMorgan (original poster) at 3:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I don't like the discoloration of my face, I actually looked better when I was a little bit darker and younger my chin was an even tone then. I guess brown spots and loss of elasticity to skin comes with age, and with having no money to change it. I don't like saggy looking boobs without my bra, I hate back fat and cellulite on my legs. Hmm let's see what else. Oh, varicose veins on the side of my left leg. I do love my skin color, I like my eyes and hair. I think that if I lost 20lbs I could overlook almost all of the other bad things. Lol!
    Avitar

Answer by Avitar at 4:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I used to be okay with how I looked. I mean I have thighs that touch, and I don't have a flat tummy or a tanned body. But I was okay with that, because I am still healthy and my man finds me attractive and that should be all that matters. But recently I let what someone said to me get to me and now I see my BDD popping it's ugly head. BDD is Body Dismorphic Disorder and you see yourself in a funhouse mirror effect. While you think you have the legs of a hippo and the nose of an elephant, that's not the truth it is a distortion that you see. I know this but it doesn't stop me from seeing what I see. I workout when I can, I unfortunately have bunions and most exercises cause me pain. Today I had a hard time eating anything, I am becoming afraid of food again.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I am so happy for you Audra, I had finally gotten to that point. Accepting me for me and knowing that I am beautiful on the inside and that that is what counts. Unfortunately I am easily influenced by others cruelty, I had stopped but this was someone who was very close so it was a huge shock...
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Okay I realize I haven't answered your question lol. Okay what I don't like:
    1. my thighs I see them as thunder thighs.2. my upper arm flab.3. My belly of course, I have rolls and it's not as small as it used to be.4. My butt, it's flat and jiggles also I have cellulite on my thighs and butt.5. My lips, are looking deflated6. My nose it's crooked7. The fact that I can't tan, I didn't use to care but I guess you have to be tan to be pretty.8. My face, it's uneven. If you put a separator on each side of my face it's really weird looking.9. My boobs, they are saggy and small...10. My teeth, they are all crooked...11. My ears, if I wear my hair up they are huge and dumbo like. 12. My forehead it's HUGE!13. My jaw it's so manly14. My chin I just don't like it15. My shoulders too square16. My hips, have gotten wider since i have had two kids...
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:48 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• 17. My feet, my bunions are getting worse so my big toe is starting to turn making my foot look really ugly. 18. I knowit's not physical but my weight. I used to be 103 now I'm 130, and 5 pant sizes bigger then I used to be. I weight myself everyday when i wake up, before and after meals so I can adjust them so I don't gain so much weight when I'm done and before I go to bed. I have a scale that keeps track of my weight to the exact .01 of a lb so I see if I have lost or gained and how much, unfortunatly it's the latter that happens *sigh. 19. my knees, just ugly... 20. My short stature, if I was taller I think I would have an easier time . 21. My short waist, I have to fit my aprons and belts accordingly because I have a shorter waist then the average woman. 22. My short hair. I mean I picked out a cute cut but my hair is fried from me highlighting it, oh damn you vanity...
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I'm not really happy with it. My SO is happy with it and thinks I'm beautiful. My body looks 20 years older than my face. I'm covered hips to shoulders from pregnancy stretch marks. I have larger breasts that now sag- I went from a 32D to an overflowing 34E and back again. I'm learning to love my chub- I'm still underweight but I weigh more than I ever have before. My face is very plain... I really only like it with makeup but I'm terrified to have people notice the makeup and comment on it- so i never wear it. My nose has a freckle on the tip. The hair is very thin and dark brown so there's still specks where you can see it under the skin. I hate my haircut. I'm afraid of getting it redone though because people might notice. I hate the little "pouch" on my tummy from pregnancy. I know the whole "people might notice" thing sounds odd but I live with anxiety disorders and it's a very real fear...
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 6:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Yes.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:48 AM on Jul. 6, 2011