Do you enjoy your groceries?

When you go shopping, do you get what you WANT? Are you necessities your desires also?

Sometimes, I get what I want and it is what I need. Other times... my needs... well they don't meet up with my WANTS!

AudraMorgan

Asked by AudraMorgan at 3:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• If I can afford it I get what I want and give in to my cravings. If I can't afford it though I only buy what is absolutely necessary and suffer lol!
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 3:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I buy things I love to cook. I also like have things I bake around. I love to bake when I'm bored. I usually bake a lot when I have my nieces and nephews staying over. The like going over to Aunt Sophie's because I always make them cookies or cake or brownies or cupcakes or something. They love helping me bake too. My three year old likes pouring in ingredients and stirring setting the timer on the oven. She's also my official spoon holder (since my nephew accidentally broke my spoon rest)
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 5:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have a strict list of what to buy & stick to that list.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I usually plan a menu and make the list off the menu, plus the items from the fridge list everyone has added too through the week. Once in a while I'll pick up an impulse purchase - like our grocery store has raspberries on sale for $1 for a 6 oz. box and I got 4 little boxes. My youngest son and I are the only ones who eat them, but I think they're better for me than stopping at the vending machine for a candy bar in the afternoon when I'm looking for something sweet!

I try to keep my pantry stocked so that I can make a dish to pass in a hurry and I try to keep the fridge stocked with enough that the family can eat all meals from home without a mid-week trip to the grocery. With both DH and I working full-time careers, we just don't have the time to do it any other way.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• iT DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH FUNDS I AM SHOPPPING WITH. IF I DO NOT HAVE MUCH I GET WHAT I NEED
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 9:50 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• We dont usually do a list... We have a rough idea of what we want to make that week, and if we see something we want, we get it.
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 1:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• no we get what we need wants only come if we have any extra cash which is rare. we have a list that we follow and get what is on the list. Our boys are always asking for this that and the other thing but we tell them if they want good food to eat then the other things will have to wait; I make a list of what our menu for the week looks like and that is also what we go by
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2011