Where do you get your children's clothes from?

Do you ever have any passed on to you?

Womamhood

Asked by Womamhood at 6:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I really don't get any clothes handed down for my kids, although there is a lady who lives near my mom and each year she has a huge yard sale of her son's out-grown clothes. She always calls me and lets me get a 'sneak peek' and buy before she officially opens for business. She has quality, name brand clothes in great condition, and some even have sales tags still on. So my youngest has great clothes for a fraction of the price. My older boys usually get new clothes from the department stores (Target, Kmart, Walmart) and sometimes clothes from Goodwill, yard sales or re-sale shops. I do get my youngest a few new clothes from the store and also at re-sale shops, yard sales and Goodwill.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:58 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• yeap! My friend gave me a bunch!
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 6:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My daughter gets some clothes passed down. She's petite and her friends tend to grow into new sizes before she does. Mostly, though, we buy both kids clothes at a variety of places like Target, Children's Place, the Osh K'Osh outlet, Kohl's, Gymboree, Old Navy, Gap kids, etc. I shop sales when I can and avoid playing full price at the more expensive places.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 6:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I've been very lucky about getting clothes for my daughter from friends and such. And even luckier that she likes them!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I LOVE the Children's Place!! otherwise we'd look at JC Penney or Walmart. There's a store called kid to kid or once upon a child that is great as well.
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 10:55 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I am always giving my kids stuff away(most of it) when they are done with it, and its al nice things too, and I try to give it to a mom who REALY needs it. There is one lady who will give me stuff for ds, but its what she didnt think was good enough to take to consignment...so most of its crap. If your going to give stuff away, at least make sure its wearable, lol ANYWAYS, I gave all that away. For new clothes, which is what I buy 98% of the time, I love Gap kids, TCP, Sears, and Old Navy, and several other local kids clothing stores. I like my kids to have stuff that not 100 other kids in there school have (so I try not to back to school shop for everything at the childrens place, thats where everyone goes lol)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I love the children's place!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 1:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2011