Kinda embarassing and kinda nasty but I don't know what it is.....

Ok so earlier, I was getting ready to take a warm bath cause my back, my hips and my feet have been killing me and I noticed something goo'ie on the bottom of my bath tub. It looked like someone just hauled off and spit in my bath tub.

Mind you, about an hour prior I had tried to take a bath but wasn't able to stay in more than 5 minutes cause I was homealone and my kids woke up.

I paid no mind to it and thought I had washed it down the drain while running the water, but as I was enjoying my bath, I saw it again, and it did seem to have a slight pink tint to it. I got out cause it was just beyond nasty and went and laid down.

About 5 minutes, ago, went to go pee and looked in the toilet after I went and there was something else that was pink but it wasn't goo'ie. So now I am all sorts of confused as to what I am looking at and if it is normal. I am 37 weeks as of this upcoming Saturday, and I am measuring 45 weeks. I have been having a little bit of cramping here and there but that's it.

LoveMyBabies509

Asked by LoveMyBabies509 at 6:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you mucus plug. it is normal and you are far enough along to see this happen.
    Before labor, this mucus plug is expelled so that the cervix can open to allow the baby to pass through to prepare for delivery.
    Throughout pregnancy, a mucus plug blocks the opening of the cervix to prevent bacteria from entering the uterus. Before labor, this mucus plug is expelled so that the cervix can open to allow the baby to pass through during labor and birth. Passing a mucus plug is a sign that your cervix is dilating and your body is starting to prepare for birth. Labor could be hours, days, or even weeks away as the cervix gradually opens over time.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 6:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Welcome to your 'plug' :0> Sounds like you are shedding your mucous plug in prep for labour. *rubs hands together* Have fun! xxx
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 6:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Mucus plug and bloody show. It could be any day, or a couple more weeks. But totally normal. =)
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 6:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• (A mucus plug may be clear, slightly pink or blood tinged in color. It may be stringy mucus or sticky discharge.

If it suddenly becomes bright red and the amount is more than an ounce (about two tablespoons). You could be experiencing a complication such as placenta previa or placental abruption. So keep and eye on it. So I would suggest you set an appointment with your OBGYN to see if you are dilating. Good luck and congratulations!
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 6:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I agree. You're probably in early labor. Congratulations!
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 6:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• This is so nerve racking *UPDATE*

I am starting to think that is what it is, as I just went to the bathroom and saw something kinda brownish about the size of my pinky nail.
    LoveMyBabies509

Comment by LoveMyBabies509 (original poster) at 6:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• im with the other ladies mucus plug alert.....one question though how are you measuring 45 weeks i did not know that was poss. and im on baby number eight:)
    4g4b

Answer by 4g4b at 9:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It possible to measure bigger. When I went to my 36 week check up, they told me that I was measuring at 39 week. I'm now 38 weeks and my baby is measuring at 41 weeks. Any way it sounds like your mucus plug. Which means that your cervix is dilating and getting ready for labor. Keep in mind it could still be a few weeks though. I have heard that with bloody show it can happen sooner. I started losing my plug about 2 weeks before I went into labor with my daughter but I never had any blood in it either. Good luck and congrats! Wont be much longer and your little one will be here.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• All I know is that my OB isn't making me go till 40 weeks because I have gestational diabetes and since I am measuring so darn big, he doesn't want me going to that long. I have an OB appointment in 2 hours so I will update you all then when I am done at the OB office.
    LoveMyBabies509

Comment by LoveMyBabies509 (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• *UPDATE*
    I just got home from my OB appointment. He changed my due date back to August 9th cause I was following the wrong due date. So I am 35 weeks and 1 day. He checked my cervix and I did, indeed lose my mucus plug last night and I am dilated to a 1. I have an ultrasound next Wednesday to see exactly how big my son is, as I am measuring 47 weeks, and he said it's all baby.
    LoveMyBabies509

Comment by LoveMyBabies509 (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011