For moms who are following the Government Infant Vaccine Schedule?

Have you taken your child to the pediatrician for ear infection after your child was vaccinated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My son had a lot of ear infections up until he was 2 years old. In August of 2008, we took him to the ENT who said, that because I have always had trouble with my ears, it was genetic. But, he's 5 now and he hasn't had many since then.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:04 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• If your asking if the vaccine causes ear infections? No... my middle dd had constant ear infections.
    That was just her, my other two kids have had maybe two each their entire life.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• no prob with ear infections
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Most of the diseases are caused by bacteria or viruses and vaccines create antibodies. We are injected with a mild form of the disease. The theory is that some kids might be affected because their immune system might not be able to "understand" the agent that was injected. Symptoms of severe reactions to vaccines are high fever, anaphylaxis (allergic reaction), even pneumonia. Is a ray of symptoms which also include flu-like symptoms and ear infection, etc. Doctors still don't understand why some children (just a few compare to the rest of the population) get adverse reactions.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• nope. never had ear infections.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:39 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Nope no problem with ear infections with any of my little ones. We have had no sort of reactions from any vaccines.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Don't think that ear infections are related to vaccines. Do need to make sure once ear infection has been fully treated that the dr. Does a recheck of ears. My oldest got them all the time from 9 months to about 2 1/2. She was in a daycare setting. All is good now. You can always go to an ENT too.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I had who had lots of ear infections and had 2 sets of tubes, the first at 13 mos of age. He was always behind on his vaccines because the ped would not give them when he had active infection.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• No, no post vaccination ear infections. In fact, we follow the schedule and she has never had an ear infection at all.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2011