"The Trial"......................

Just wanted to point out something here about the Anthony trial. Everyday the system fails in one way or another, it goes on on a daily basis, only we do not find out about it because the media is not always involved. Innocent people get guilty verdicts and guilty ones go free. This is system made by humans so it is very much flawed like humans are.
Do you agree?

Asked by older at 8:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I agree.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I agree. And as long as people are lacking common sense, it will continue.

P.S. I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• The system is flawed and I think if she had the judge and not jury involved she would have had felony murder. The fact is her jury was comprised of literal morons. Two with high school drop outs. One had a DUI. Another had other criminal charges, and one had a sister in prison for beating the crap out of her husband. I think we need people more qualified in trials involving murder then what this one was comprised of. I dont even believe they could understand critical thinking and we not able to make the leap to murder when it was so obvious.

Answer by gemgem at 9:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I agree that the justice system is flawed as much as in we are all flawed as human beings. When your fate is subject to a jury of your peers, they draw off of their life experience and come to conclusions that you or I may never have come to. The jury saw a different trial than we did. They didn't see everything the cameras saw and it makes me wonder if once they are able to review what the public saw (assuming they bother to) they might have come to a different conclusion.  I have to wonder if the jury was going for 'beyond a reasonable doubt' or 'beyond a shadow of a doubt'. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Totally agree with you, Older! ..on all points.

Welcome back, Lori!! LoL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• juju, this will happen again and again as it does on a regular basis. My husband has been a criminal defense attorney for over 35 years, and see this happens regularly. A lot of cases are based on circumstantial evidence, worse than the one seen in this particular trial and yet people are ofen convicted on this.

Comment by older (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• We have a case here like this. I get it however the law is the law and if there is any doubt at all it can throw the case completely. I have a BS in Criminal Justice and I am fully aware. It doesn't mean the system has failed.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• yes, juju, it does mean the system is flawed, anything man made is flawed, and among other systems in the world this one is the best one out there...... how can this jury rationalize the lies told to the police and not connect them to the missing girl?

Comment by older (original poster) at 8:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I agree.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Agree and also see how reasonable doubt came into play.Regardless of anything that family knows what happened and so its a shame..BUT really if I were acused of something so bad and was innocent it would also be a shame to go down for something I really did not do..thats why it actually is a good thing to have the reasonable doubt ..still some innocent do get locked up but without it many more likely would.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:58 AM on Jul. 6, 2011