OMG, it feels like HS again.. How do i deal with this girl?

One of my good guy friends recently got a girlfriend, shes physco! Yeah, that sums this all up perfectly.. ugh

For the last 10 years Cory and I have been pretty good friends, calling every few days to chat and sending facebook comments back and fourth. Suddenly this woman comes into the picture and he vanishes! He has had girlfriends before and we talked just fine, I'm married, things never turned to dirty talk, just friendly! Cory had written something on facebook about how no one loves him as normal, that's been our joke so I commented back that I luffffed him and he should call me more and not be so short on the phone when we do talk because I miss him.

This physco comments back about how she is his girlfriend and what all she does for him so he doesn't need me. I commented back that we are just friends as we have been for the last 10 years and as we will be for the next 50 years but she is still being physco! REALLY?! It feels like high school! I don't want to lose my friend over this.

How do I deal with her and keep my friend?! He is playing Switzerland because he calls it a "lose/lose" and says there is no winning if he picks sides. I hate drama!

Grammar police, kiss mine, I'm flustered and can't deal with you right now!

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 8:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• He's choosing to be in a relationship with a very insecure woman. There's really nothing you can do about that, except hope he gets tired of it. In the meantime, just keep the lines of communication open through Facebook. Wish him a happy birthday, occasionally recommend a movie/book/etc. that you'd think he'd enjoy, congratulate him when he posts good news, and let him figure it out.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I kind of see her point. I mean, I guess I would see you as a bit of a threat too. I don't think he's done a very good job at explaining your relationship though and thinks HE needs to be the one to put her at ease.

Maybe instead of getting your defenses up, you should write to her and explain that you have no intention of interfering and you would like to get to know her as he is one of your best friends. Maybe suggest a double date or something?
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 8:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Oohhh - you're less of a threat now. lol

Maybe just explain the relationship to her then?
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 8:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• She could have been cheated on in a previous relationship and be very sensitive to "other women" being around.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 8:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• She is his girlfriend and she is new to the relationship. You need to back off. I cannot understand why you are so upset about this. Your upset and lack of understanding is unproductive. Just go on with your life and see where things go.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Give her some purple paint. Tell her green does not look good on her.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• damn, forgot to mention. They live in Oregon and I'm in Texas and haven't seen cory in 6 years
    zoejains_momma

Comment by zoejains_momma (original poster) at 8:20 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I'm flustered because she is cutting everyone out of his life because she forgot to check her cheating ex baggage at the door.
    zoejains_momma

Comment by zoejains_momma (original poster) at 8:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I see your point. Maybe she isn't aware of your friendship. Honestly if I was a new gf I'd be taken back by a comment like that. I wouldn't put it out there on facebook like she did b/c it did make her look like an ass. You don't have to deal with it, let your friend handle it :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• He is calling the shots here. It is his decision to make and to handle. Since he chooses not to, it's the same as saying bye bye to you.

Answer by Bmat at 8:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2011