proper times for a toddler to wake

what do u guys think is the most appropreiate time for a toddlerto wake in the morning?

amysmomma505

Asked by amysmomma505 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how old is your tod? what time does he/she wake up? how many hrs. of sleep a night?
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• okay she is 19 months and goes to bed at about 9:30 and wakes at about 9:30..naps once a day for mayb an hour and sleeps thro the nite..so im juss wondering should i get her up earlier like say 7 and id love to have her in bed by likr 8-8:30
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• If you give her a bath and read her a story to bed, then try to do that an hour earlier, so she can fall asleep when you want her to at 8:30pm and then she'll probably still sleep 12 hours and wake up at 8:30am. Hopefully that works. I'm still trying to get my baby girl on schedule, it's tough. I wish she would sleep 12 hours a night, that would be great. You're lucky!!!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• yea im not complaining i just hear of people getting there tods up around 7..:)
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Hey, if that's when you want to wake up! LOL OK! :) I would love just one night that I could sleep in. :) Good luck though. Take Care.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I always let my kids set their own schedule as toddlers. I had no where to be. They slept 12 hours a night, usually 8pm-8am. I got up whenever they did.
    The only reason I have to get my 2yo up earlier then that now is because my older kids have school and she walks with us 3 days a week so has to get up, eat and dressed with everyone else. She goes to bed at 7pm and is up at 6:30am most morning. She's usually up that early on the weekend, too, because she's used to it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I don't get my toddler up around 7 - she gets me up. No matter what, I have never been able to get her to sleep later than that. I have room darkening blinds so it's not the light, there are no extra sounds outside (dogs being let out in backyards, neighbors driving off to work) that might wake her. She gets up between 6:45 and 7 every morning, weekdays and weekends. Sigh. I'd love to be able to sleep in until 8.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Sounds like heaven to me! My 2yo gets up at 5-5:30am every morning no matter what time he goes to bed!!
    Mammoo

Answer by Mammoo at 8:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• shoot im happy if my ds sleeps till 8am i dont have to get him up he gets me up lol...a child only sleeps as much as their bodys need so i say let the child be..12hrs is a good amount of time for a toddler to sleep..
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2008