Hate having a cold :( Any advice?

DS and myself have literally only just got over a horrible cough/cold, and as if by magic, another one has decided to attack us again! :( I really do feel like my immune system has gone on strike, I seem to be catching every cold going! Which is then passed onto my baby, I thought your immune system gets stronger as you get older? Obviously not when your elderly, but as a woman in my 20's I though I'd be stronger than this! I take multi vitamins, any advice? What else can I do? Thanks :)

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 8:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Health

• Cranberry Juice and Honey.

Cranberry juice is better than OJ for Vit D and it will coat your mouth to resist germs. It also helps flush your system. Honey helps with a soar throat and coughing, plus it a cuts colds in half. I literally take a tablespoon of honey. If you can get it from your local Farmer's Market that is the best. It helps with Allergies too. I know it sounds a little kooky but they help and you are not adding a bunch of extra meds. ~feel better

(Don't know how old your little guy is so the honey may not be a good idea for him)
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 9:02 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• chicken soup. Lot of liquids and rest.
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Lots of Vitamin C and B!!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Soup really helps a lot and keep fluids.
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 9:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Soup works miracles for sure! The cranberry juice is awesome!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• NO HONEY for any child under 1 year of age!!!! Chicken broth, Pedialyte, other fluids & rest. If you get it, then you can load up on Vit. C, Zinc & Echinacea.  GL!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Thanks sipn_mom, he's only 6 months, so my poor lil man can't have anything exept calpol and cuddles!

Will try the honey now though :)
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Jul. 6, 2011