Job cuts up again Who gets chopped this time?

Government jobs get the most cuts. Anyone surprised? All those new jobs Obama made in the government are not as safe as some would have thought.
In all reality it's a good thing but when you add it to the rest of the cuts the number looks bad, is bad.
I think what is starting to happen is inevitable as Obama made government jobs were not needed they were just made to put someone, anyone to work to make the numbers look better and they will have to end. Do you agree?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Link? I'm not saying it's not true, I'm sure it is true. But I'd have an easier time swallowing the information if I actually saw an article displaying the facts so that I can make my own opinion instead of having to take your interpretation of the information as truth.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 9:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Just a bump..the CA posts have grown old
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• What is disturbing to me is the amount of police and fire fighter jobs being cut to cover costs. The cuts schools are having to make is sickening as well.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Public sector jobs are funded by taxpayers and when there isn't as much tax payer cash coming in then they don't have anything to send back out. He shouldn't have tried to grow the size of government, IMO. He has no idea how to make things better and attempting to create jobs that tax payers would be accounting for was a mistake. I have always felt this way though so I am not a bit surprised.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Here in PA, our governor balanced the budget by eliminating stimulus money to the schools. My little 4 hour a day job was eliminated. It really makes no sense to me. How much money can a school district save by eliminating my position? I barely made enough money to buy food.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2011/07/06/job-cuts-up-for-second-month-in-row/

Here is a blurb on it. You won't find a whole slew of articles on subjects like this.
    I actually heard it on Squawk Box before I found it in the paper. You should check
    out the show. I like it because it's more financially centered than just political bashing.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2011