What worked for you?

Towards the end of your pregnancy, did you do anything that you felt "brought on" your labor? Or did you just go with the natural flow?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 9:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I pulled a reverse fat bastard. I looked at my belly and said "Get out of my belly". Or it could have been all the sex. I am sorry, but sex when you are that far along is not easy. I don't think it is the semen that induces labor but all the maneuvering.

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Sex!
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 9:11 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My last pregnancy I had sex to make labor come. It either worked or I was going to have her anyways. Don't know which one it was.

Answer by louise2 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It's hard to say. All the anger and obsessive cleaning that "brought on" my 2nd labour could have caused it, or the fact that labour was coming on could have caused the rush of energy and hormonal anger (well, no-- I'm still sure that anger was justified!)
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• We just had to wait. When I was about two days overdue, we tried EVERYTHING. We had sex (which I hated for like half my pregnancy, so I wasn't into it at all), we went and walked around a mall, an electronics store and a pet store for HOURS, and we ate pineapples for dinner one night. I ended up going 9 days over.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I was 42 weeks and 5 days with my last one and was induced. Hoping to avoid that this time around.
    lstrickland

Comment by lstrickland (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i was induced...so i'm no help
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• sex works...T.M.I ALERT...doggie style is the easiest when you are that far along
    ajs16919

Answer by ajs16919 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011