Colic

How do you tell if my 3 month old DS is experiencing colic???? I think I see the signs but am not for sure!!! What is good for colic???

kristianmommy

Asked by kristianmommy at 9:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The signs are prolonged crying that is not caused by anything apparent. The baby isn't hungry, tired, wet, lonely, etc etc. They have to cry for at least 2 hours every day for a week or something to be considered colicky.

Colic is often caused by a dairy sensitivity. If you are breastfeeding, eliminate dairy from your diet for 2 weeks and see if that helps. If you are formula feeding, try a dairy-free formula.

I also found, with my colicky baby, that wearing them helps a lot. Invest in a good sling or baby carrier.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I can tell you adding a little karo syrup is helpful to put about a spoonful in the bottle, it helped with mine!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Sillyfins, that's for constipation, not colic. They are different. Though they are sometimes present at the same time in formula fed babies (breastfed babies do not get constipated).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2011