Just an observation.....

I work in an office and I know the importance of needing to get away from your desk during breaks and lunch. I also know it can get expensive to eat out, so you bring your lunch. With gas prices the way they are........why would some sit in their cars for an hour with it running (for the a/c understandably)? I can barely afford the gas to get to work much less let my car idle it away for an hour a day! LOL

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 10:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• That is where you find a nice chady spot and chill. That is kind of funny.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Probably so they can get away without the stress of driving.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• maybe to listen to music? Or are they a smoker? i know some offices and even malls will not let yo smoke even in the parking lot. just a thought could be wrong.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My husband can't usually leave the campus where his office is due to them being so busy. So he will have lunch in his car with the a/c on if it is really hot. They are new so no trees to sit under. He has tried eating in the break room or his office but people will interrupt him and he ends up not eating. So he takes his hour in the car he brings a walkie so he can still be in communication with those who need him and get a few minutes away from those who don't but will bug him even on his lunch hour. Hourly employees seem to think management and executives should be on call at all times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Now I work in the city, so I don't drive anymore. But I used to drive to lunch, then my friend and I would sleep in the car for the rest of the hour! We just wanted to get out of there.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2011