Do you think cheating runs in the family?

My ONLY two serious boyfriends that I've had cheated on me.. & it just so happens their dads cheated on their moms as well..

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• There are some jerks out there. You have a good guy out there just waiting on you.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Well yes..if they see their Dad doing it. Parents set the example. They may not even realize.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think that if they knew their dads were cheaters, then it could. They learned it was acceptable. Some men just suck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It could. I am not sure. Sorry you were cheated on. Did you knock them where it counts?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think it can be taught , YES. But I don't think it runs in the family. My DH's father cheated on his mother a few times but he would never do it because he seen how hurt his mother was. And yes I truely believe he would never do it.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 10:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think it has to do with the example that was set for them. Sometimes we follow exactly in our parents' footsteps and sometimes we try to be as different as possible.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:11 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think that children learn by example, and if in their family they saw cheating, they would think this is the norm.......

Answer by older at 10:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• not in a genetic way no.. however children do learn by example, and if their father cheated and it wasn't that big a deal to their father, it's likely they will think it's okay when they become adults.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think it all depends upon circumstances, and I am sure some people may be more predisposed if they grew up seeing it on a regular basis, but I think it is more a learned behavior.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It might be possible that they saw their dad do it and thought it was ok, but this is not always the case, my mom never cheated and my sister cheated on every bf she ever had until her now husband.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:43 AM on Jul. 6, 2011