Natural acne treatment

looking for something to help the acne battle.
we've tried dove soap , proactive, clearasil, nuetregena
looking for some ideas that work.

dnmc1985

Asked by dnmc1985 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Rinse your face with warm water, then pour organic lemon juice on a face sponge. Sprinkle organic sugar on the sponge, and scrub. Lemons have natural Alpha AND Beta hydroxy acids in them which help remove dead skin cells and help get rid of unwanted facial bacteria. This can help with Acne, blackheads, sunspots, age spots, and discoloration.
    If it stings or is too much, you can dilute the lemon juice with water. If your face appears red, it's okay! This just means that it is circulating, bringing the blood to the surface which stimulate the muscles in the face, which in turn helps growth and cellular regeneration. So your face will be rid of any dead skin cells, and the sugar scrub will help it feel VERY soft! You can do this once or twice a week =) Oh, and in between times, you can use Burts Bees daily facial scrub! You always want to use natural or organic, so you're not putting any "Extra" chemicals on your face. =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 4:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• sunshine and swimming! No, really. they both work great to help clear skin
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Milk Thistle. It is proven to help the liver regenerate 4 times as fast which increases the prevention of toxins into the body which comes out as acne for most people. The average time to see results is a month of recommended dosage.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Interesting, Gingerwheel. I've never heard of Milk Thistle being used for acne.
    I use Alba Botanica's Acnedote line, and it works better than everything I've tried, including Accutane and a number of other prescriptions. It has my skin pretty much completely clear. You could also try making a toner from tea tree oil. That was working ok for me for a while, but over time it was just too drying for me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My son had a problem with acne and we used the produt called ACNE FREE which is the same a proactive, but cheaper and sold retail. It worked great! I never had acne, even as a teenager. But a couple of years ago I broke out bad my cheeks. Turned out to be ROSACEA. Perhaps that is your problem? However I did have success with the same product my son used.
    I_luv_Vera

Answer by I_luv_Vera at 9:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011