2 months and sleeping in a room alone

my husband and i are a little old school despit our age, we like for our infants to be in our room tell one or they chose to be alone before then. my DS was 10 months almost 11 months old before he ever slept in a room with out me or him there with him. he is now 3 y/r old and vary well a gusted being in a room on the other side of our home with out me or DH at night and for naps. but, DD who is quickly coming up on 3 months has started to show signs she is ready to sleep (which she does almost all day still) in a room with out others. when in the living room she twitches from the sound of the TV even when i turn it down, people move in the room and she half wakes up. i have a 3 y/r old running around. how old where your baby's when you let them have there own room. (side not she has a room she has just never been in it. and i do not have a baby monitor now kuse she is never out of my sight.)

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 11:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first baby went in his own room at 3 months.. he was sleeping completely through the night then and did best when he was alone without other noises... with my middle boy, not until he was 1..but even then, he just 'moved' in with his brother so he's never been 'alone'... with my little girl.. around the age of 2 she moved in another room.. but she still get's up in the middle of the night to come to me for cuddles... i don't mind so much.. I'm sure she'll grow out of it eventually. =)
    TheHappyChicken

Answer by TheHappyChicken at 11:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I might be out of line here, but I'm not sure a 3 mo knows what he/she wants. If you are comfortable with it, then do it. For us, our 6 mo sleeps in her bed, sometimes our bed still. My 6 1/2 yo slept in my room until he was 1 1/2 in his own bed, but it was better for me b/c I was a single mom then.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2011