2 months and sleeping in a room alone

my husband and i are a little old school despit our age, we like for our infants to be in our room tell one or they chose to be alone before then. my DS was 10 months almost 11 months old before he ever slept in a room with out me or him there with him. he is now 3 y/r old and vary well a gusted being in a room on the other side of our home with out me or DH at night and for naps. but, DD who is quickly coming up on 3 months has started to show signs she is ready to sleep (which she does almost all day still) in a room with out others. when in the living room she twitches from the sound of the TV even when i turn it down, people move in the room and she half wakes up. i have a 3 y/r old running around. how old where your baby's when you let them have there own room. (side not she has a room she has just never been in it. and i do not have a baby monitor now kuse she is never out of my sight.)

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 11:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both of my children were in their own rooms at 4-6 weeks.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think a baby monitor, and put her down where the noise won't bother her.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• from birth i had a baby monitor in the room so i was able to hear them
    sexcimomof2

Answer by sexcimomof2 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My child was a few days old. He wouldn't sleep in our room AT ALL! My husband went to change his diaper one night (and he had been up All night long) and set him down in his crib to get a new pack of diapers open when our son fell right to sleep. It was just as easy as that...

So, I dont see a problem with them being in their own room at any age.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 11:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Once my son outgrew his bassinette at about 3 months, he has slept in his own room. I turned off the baby monitor at about 1 year.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• DS slept in a room of his own at 3 months. He would have a hard time sleeping in his bassanet in our room. His legs and arms were hitting the sides of it so we moved him to his crib in his own room and he slept like a baby ( no pun intended). Of course I slept on the floor next his crib the first night and DH the 2nd, lol.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 11:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Go with your instincts...if you feel that she is ready to begin sleeping in a room on her own, go for it. If you feel like you need a baby monitor, they can be found fairly cheap - just so you can keep an ear out for her if she wakes up.

My kids both slept with me for quite a while as well - about a year or more before being moved to toddler beds.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 11:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Our DD is a little over 6 months old and still sleeps in our room. I think parents intuitively know what is best to do. If she shows signs she could sleep in her own room, then I praise any independant women even if she is 3 months. haha!
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 11:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• About eight months. Whenever baby is ready is dandy.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My son is 9 months and refuses to sleep in his crib. I think he is going thru a separation anxiety phase. He sleeps with us and that is fine with me
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011