What parts of your childhood do you share with your child?

my siblings and i grew up listening to "wee sing" tapes and i just got some wee sing cds for my son and i to listen to! i'm so excited! we got wee sing nursery rhymes and lullabies, bible songs, and america.

i also have schoolhouse rock and disney sing alongs to watch/listen to. i cant wait for him to learn through music like i did :)

what pieces of your life growing up are you sharing with your kids?

flamingomegs

Asked by flamingomegs at 11:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• Good Ole Grandma's recipes!♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I always tell them stories about when I was young. Silly things like how my dog jumped out the car window in traffic to how I was petrified of bats.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I want much better for them. I let him have ice cream before dinner sometimes, and tell him I am proud of him every day. I hug them, hold them when they're scared, and tell them throughout the day that I love them. Which are things I never had. I let them choose the things they like to do, and encourage them to try new things and be independent. Again, things I never had.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I shared with them every little bit of it.

Answer by older at 11:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• not much of anything..my child hood sucked. I do like to go camping with him...and play pretend things alot. Some nursery rhymes and lullabyes
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 11:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Not much only because I don't remember my childhood much, only bits and pieces
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2011