spelling errors?

If you see a spelling error in someone's post... do you want to say something?
I do! I am by no means a great speller, but when I see that someone has posted a wrong word I want to correct it, lol! I know that is rude of me... lol!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I sure do. I will correct it, too, if the misspeller is being a bi-atch.

I don't think it's rude though, because what if that person thinks it's correct?? It would be doing her a favor to correct her so she doesn't make the same mistake over and over.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I seriously have thought about taking a red pen to the comp. screen sometimes! my SO and i graduated from the same high school but he still can't spell for all the money in the world!!! the worst is how he spells WILL as WELL all the time!!! I sometimes think he got his diploma out of a cracker jack box!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 3:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Lol ^^
    My husband corrects me all the time as i do to him but when i see it on posts, i want there to be a button were you can change the spelling lol
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 3:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• It only bothers me if there are several words that are not spelled correctly.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 3:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I don't care for chatspeak, but spelling errors don't bother me. Although in my own posts they do. I don't know how often I've read my answer and deleted and reposted because I see a spelling error. Sometimes I just think whether I can stand having the error, but usually I just delete and repost.

Answer by Bmat at 4:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I want to...but I usually don't point it out in my response.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Sometimes I do sometimes I don't
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• It only bothers me when it's obvious that it is not a typo. I am the worst speller in the world now that I have learnd to rely on my spell check. In the chat rooms, I am un readable.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2008