Possible to acquire immunity from Lyme infection?

About three years ago, I was treated for Lyme infection. I didn't come down full-blown with the infection but I got the bull's eye rash on the back of my neck, next to my spine, that I was able to catch the infection quickly. I went through two weeks of very nauseating pills (could not drink or eat any milk products or antacids). Since then, whenever I found a deer tick (tiny brown ticks), I get an incredible itchy welt, like a huge mosquito bite. I didn't get this type of welt when I was first infected through the neck.

Even though I will keep a close watch on my tick bites, is it possible to acquire immunity of the Lyme infection bacteria? I found a deer tick on my back yesterday that could have been there overnight. (I regularly wash my hair with tick & flea shampoo whenever I have cleared brush.)

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 11:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Health

• From what I've read, immunity is short-lived (maybe a year or so) so you need to continue to check for ticks and watch for bullseyes.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2011