Should i let my daughter live with her grandma

me and my kids have lived with my mom for 5 years and i have recently gotten married and we are moving into an apartment together where he lives but my daughter who is 14 does not want to move because she will have to move school and she is just starting high school and i am torn on whether i should let her stay with her grandma or make her come live with me and i was wanting some feedback.

missy75851

Asked by missy75851 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• What is the relationship between your daughter and your hubby? Can you move to her school district? I don't think it is good for kids to be seperated from their siblings and mom. I would ask her to try as long as your new husband loves and cherishes your kids.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• what would your mom feel about raising your daughter basically? how far away will you be?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My daughter and my husband have a good relationship but she doesnt want to leave her friends and she is in band and she has never had to go to another school but i am with you i dont think she should be seperated from me but my mom is pushing the issue and we are only going to be 15 minutes away if she needs me
    missy75851

Comment by missy75851 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• You bring her. Its an ideal time. If she was already IN high school I would say no. But she is just going to be starting and in high school people are thrown in with new kids anyway. Take her with you.

Answer by gemgem at 11:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I would let her stay w/ grandma.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 3:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2011