Do you agree with my hubby???

I have a six year old boy and an almost 2 year old boy that share a bedroom. My DH is a clean freak and has conditioned me the same way LOL. So my home is always spotless, except the kids rooms. My son's room is always a mine field. Transformers, cars, balls, etc all over the floor. They have WAY too many toys....5 toy boxes in their room to be exact. And, my 2 yr old will literally dump the tubs over and scatter them, then pick a few cars and run to the living room. So, I stacked three of the toy boxes in the closet where he couldnt get to them, and the constant mess wouldnt be so bad. Plus, its not fair for my 6 yr old to always have to pick up his brothers mess....so I get stuck doing it all the time. (Hubby doesnt clean much LOL). But, DH pulled them back out and said the toys are no good if they cant be played with. I agree with this, but I get tired of stepping on toys at night when I cant see, or trying to clean the room, getting one side done, just to have the baby dump toy boxes back over while i'm clearing the other side. LOL

Do you think hubby is right, and we should just let them scatter 4 million toys all the time, or is there a better solution?? Boys will be boys right??

mlmkjw

Asked by mlmkjw at 11:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Do like I do,kick a path through the room,lol!
    i always let my son goes nuts in there as long as the stuff STAYED in there. I just cleaned once a week

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Why not put some toys up and rotate them every month get out a different tote so it is kinds like getting new toys. Maybe they will play more and there will be less mess.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• The better solution is finding a routine for them to play and them pick up after, make it a game.......

Answer by older at 11:43 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I always let mine play with their toys. I dont mind putting them away and usually when I ask they do help. I agree with your dh.

Answer by gemgem at 11:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I just went through this, we had to many toys, so we went through them together, and took some to Goodwill. It taught the children the value of giving and helped clean up some clutter.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Here's what my mom did when we had too many toys. Put up half of them. In about 6 months, take out the toys that were put away, and put away the toys that are out.

BTW, the 2 year old is old enough to learn to put away his own toys.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I'd say donate some of those toys and bring the 5 boxes to maybe 2 since there are 2 boys. My DS is 2 and he has 1 box of toys. When he starts to get to many I go through them. Some of them I put away for the next child and some of them get sent to the local shelter. I do agree that toys need to played with.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 11:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think you need to narrow down the toys to 2 boxes,, think of all the kids who would love to have toys,,,and honestly 5 boxes is way too many,, I think you need a toy diet,,LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My boys do help...some. LOL And usually its out of sight-out of mind. But when I have to go in their room, its different. I did a complete and total clean yesturday. Threw away anything that was broken or missing parts, rearranged the toy boxes, etc. And I'm more than shocked that now...roughly 20 hours later...theres only about 10 toys on the floor. I'm trying to enjoy the clean room while it lasts. HAHA
    mlmkjw

Comment by mlmkjw (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• And the 5 toy boxes are not toy boxes...theyre the tubs you buy at walmart for like 10 dollars. One of them is full of stuffed animals, so the boys really have 2 boxes each (roughly), and I do go through them and get rid of stuff sometimes....probably due for another garage sale. Let my oldest son make a few dollars off his friends....LOL
    mlmkjw

Comment by mlmkjw (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2011