What do you think about a mommy leaving their kid/kids for selfish reason

i know some mom and some friends who left their kid/children to their relatives and/ or in-laws and never came back instead have new family or rlationships. i couldn't understand how they can bear living without their children.

just by thinking that i will be away from my son even for a day already hurt me that is why i can not imagine how others would dothat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I think it's better for them to leave them with family or people who will care for them and love them then to just up and leave in a flash. I think in some cases, they do love their kids but are too selfish to step up to the mom role and they know it.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• What about the nasty freaky women who KILL their children because their "boyfriend" doesn't want kids? Like Susan Smith in SCarolina? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Sometimes I think it would be great to dump them off somewhere with someone I know will take great care of them. Then when I really do have to leave for a few days (family funerals that are last min, and I really can't take them with- Daddy stays with them, of course), I miss them like crazy and can't wait to get back to them!

So yeah, I agree with you. But I guess those ladies are wired differently and really shouldn't have had kids in the first place! Poor babies :/
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I don't get it either. Dahis that one is so sad.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I know........I think she should be going to sleep every freaking night hearing those boys screaming for mommy........and should be her alarm clock too.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I don't get it either. If I'm having a rough day a just need a break, daddy (DH) hangs out with the kids and I just go.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think it depends on the situation. If the person is not fit enough to keep the kids then its a good idea. If they just want to not to be bothered then it isnt a good idea. Being a parent is hard work, and some people for some reason think its always rainbows and butterflies but it isnt. You deal with the baby years, no sleep, spit up, crying, learning to walk, all the way to teen years where they hate you, sneak out, come home drunk. Being a parent is a huge responsibility and job because we are raising the future, literally.

Answer by gemgem at 11:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I am a friend of this couple and the wife left for another man and left two kids, a 18 month old baby girl and a newly born baby boy. The wife said she will be going to her mom and the husband found that most of his wife's belongings are missing. The wife left a note saying she realized she doesn't loves him and found true love to her boyfriend she met on yahoo chat room.... it happens. It's bad....She is dirty.

Now she has 2 other kids to 2 different man and they are with her and her mom is taking care of them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• my sister left her son off and on with my mom til one day 3 years ago she left him for good, to go to another state and marry some dude (who she cheated on as soon as he was deployed to egypt). she never calls or anything so my mother got custody b/c my sister abandoned him. she is a sorry sack of shit and i hate her, how can anyone leave their baby?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I don't see how you could leave your children like that....your husband maybe....LOL...but your babies? The little people who love you no matter what? No way, they're a part of me and not being able to see them anymore would be like ripping my heart out - that would actually be more pleasant.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 12:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2011