Do you think it is important to send your kids to school every day so they learn that an education is important, or do you think kids need to have fun and keeping them out of school a day or even a couple days a week is a good idea?

I actually know somebody that takes her kids places when they are supposed to be in school, and actually plans it so the day trips are on school days, because she "didn't have enough fun as a kid".
Her son (1st grade) missed so much school this year he was suspended TWICE. Her daughter (kindergarten) missed so much the teacher forgot her name (they don't suspend kindergateners for not showing up or she would have been to). She was out more often than her brother, at least 2 days a week for the entire school year.

Do you think she is teaching her kids that an education is not important?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• She is a dumbass.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think taking your kids out of school unnecessarily is not a good idea. I think she is teaching them that an education is not as important, I agree with you.

Answer by older at 11:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• The school year is 180 days long, out of 365 days/year. I NEVER UNDERSTOOD people like that, who think kids need additional breaks. they get TONS of breaks during the school year, MORE than necessary imo.

That woman is an idiot, and is teaching her kids to become sloths on society.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• >. if he uses them all up too bad..then he will have to go to school even if hes trrowing up

Wow. I really hope you wouldn't actually send a child sick enough to be vomiting to school. It's not about him and the 'free' days you give him. It's about making everyone else ill. What do you teach him, anyway. He goes in. He vomits. He gets sent home by the nurse.

Sick days are as much about getting yourself better as they are keeping everyone else from getting ill. Fevered and/or vomiting kids or kids with loose bowel movements should NOT be in school.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• WOW!
    She's lucky CPS isn't knocking on her door!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Well, if she lived in my state she could actually be fined for her kids missing more than 10 days in a semester (I think that's the numbers anyway-I never needed to know...) That is just insane! Of course it is important and she is punishing her kids not helping them!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• If she did that in my area, the kids would not be suspended, they would fail that grade and have to retake it.. 10 days is all a child can miss without a Doctors note or family death..

What she is doing is a huge disservice to her children and their education...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:50 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• She's going to get turned into Cps for truancy. Kids don't need friends, they need parents first!! I'm very outgoing but my childrens education is the most important.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• She's setting her kids up for failure.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• LMAO.. she's a nut
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:48 AM on Jul. 6, 2011