What do you predict for our country?

This maybe an old question, but I'm curious.

Reading this article to plot my future, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition . With the country in $14 trillion in debt (& comtemplating another $4 trillion by August),

what do you predict our lives are going to be once our nation is in repayment mode? Do you feel that our nation will default? With heightened taxes and reduced benefits projected, how do you picture our lives and our country in the next few decades?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 12:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Depression all over again and I do believe it will be just as severe. We are already close.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• jobless and struggling to survive...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Close??? This is already WORSE than the Depression! The only reason it seems "better" is because the media hides it, and everyone uses credit cards and goes bankrupt instead of actually BEING poor!
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think people will get to a point where they have to wake up to reality and remember that the Constitution give us the right to take back our government from corruption. I think there will a be a revolution...actually I'm hoping, because nothing else will save us. I'd start stocking up on food...
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It's time to make some SERIOUS cuts... Entitlements are TOO costly. I read recently~ Even if taxes are raised to 45% on those making over $150,000~ we still couldn't fund all of the added entitlement programs and repay the stimulus....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think we will make it through. I saw an article about how savings and saving for retirement was at an all time high. I think many are tightening their belts our gov and those who depend on the gov will be in trouble.
    Anonymous

• As a babyboomer, I have definitely seen better times. I am one who could forgo my SS check each month, but to what purpose? The gov't would just spend it on some other over used entitlement. We need to get rid of groups like the national teachers assoc...they've so dumbed down our kids education; the national endowment for the arts....we the tax payers pay so called artists to pump out offensive crap, besides the gov't shouldn't be paying for artists; there are so many of these groups that get so much money and produce no benefits to the general population. If Obama gets re-elected, we will be a carbon copy of socialist Europe, and you saw what that got them. I'm afraid there will be rioting in this country too, when they finally are forced to make severe cutbacks in entitlements. They also need to stop all of the pork projects that get the senators and congresspeople re-elected.
    grandmab125

Answer by grandmab125 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• OBam a jobless and struggling to survive...a Puerto Rico wants to be 51 state. Whats your opinion?
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2011