WHAT ARE THE BEST THINGS TO EAT WHILE BREASTFEEDING THAT WILL ALSO HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?

BIXBYDESI1982

Asked by BIXBYDESI1982 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• First don't try to cut way back on how much you eat. That can affect your milk supply, eat more veggies, lean meats, and whole grains. Stay away from saturated fats and lots of oils. Try to make sure you eat your "colors"every day. Also take a shopping trip w/o the kids if you can. Check out the labels. Take instant oatmeal for exsample. The heathy stuff accualy has MORE suger and calories than the regular stuff...that still confuses me! Hope that helps
    PennyMom

Answer by PennyMom at 11:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• in addition to eating your "colors" you should definetly rest when your baby is resting, even if you just sit down for a little bit. don't overwork yourself with house chores!
    LizMonahan

Answer by LizMonahan at 12:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• It is very simple.........get your calories from HEALTHY foods (lean meats,fruits and veggies)and you wont have to worry about it. **If you think something is bad for you... it probably is.
    Anonymous

• I would say you cna do protien shakes to help you to lose the weight and it actualy would be great for the baby too! I do my herbalife protien shakes and I know there is nothing that can harm you or your baby as it is all natural and loaded with minerals and vites! Also concentrate on portion size when you eat! Lean meats only! A serving of meat generaly consitutes 3-4 oz.about the size of a deck of cards.Eat plenty of vegis raw steamed be carefull with the butter! Steer clear of the pasta and sauses and white flour products such as bread,donuts! If you have to have bread use the Healthy life wheat it's realy good! And as aways drink plent of water and exersize when you can and that should help! If you want more info that can help let me know! Congrats on the baby! You both will be fine!
    jodilara

Answer by jodilara at 9:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2008