Do you think that if a parent has one child taken away for child abuse...

that if they have another, it should be taken as soon as it is born?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 12:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Well I would hope so, but I know a girl who had a son who was killed by her then boyfriend,, has 4 more, and sadly they are with her.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• ugh.. what a heart breaking question... I think yes but I know it doesn't work like that..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think this problem should not be allowed to occur at all! If a person is convicted of a crime, abuse, or neglect of a child, I feel they should be spayed or neutered like a dog!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 12:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i agree with ms.Gwen why risk another childs life once your convicted of a hanis thing against a child you dont deserve another......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Yes until they are proven a fit parent.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• If they have gave it their All to better themselves, went through parenting classes & did everything they were asked to do then NO- i think everyone deserves a Second Chance but, that would be the Only Way..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• No. I believe that people change, people make mistakes and no one knows all the circumstances surrounding the incident. If there were a question of the mental stability of the parents then they should be monitored but not automatically thought the worst of. There are different stories for every person and no one knows all the details.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• That is hard to answer. For me it would depend on how long ago the child was taken away and what the parent has done to learn skills so that they don't abuse the child again. So i can't say if there is an absolute answer.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Yes!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• If the abuse from the other child was recent, yes.
    I have been the kid who was left in the house because I wasn't being beaten like that other child. They just found new and sneakier ways to abuse me!
    bettyjeanmarino

Answer by bettyjeanmarino at 12:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2011