Women who finds partner on chatting or txting. what do you think of that person?

This issue is not racial or base on age or status. Some say it is just okay, some thinks it is perversion, others is just a vice or psychological.

I wanted to know what do you think about people especially women who does these things as a way of finding a man. I wanna knw if it is really just fine or not.

dlovelymomma

Asked by dlovelymomma at 12:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I guess whatever floats your boat. I wouldn't feel safe finding a man online like that.. but ..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I don't think its the safest thing to do but they world these days is run by technology and for some its the best way to find someone. My dad met his wife on an online site, for some people it works. Just be very careful.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• maybe i am just so traditional but as most u said... not that safe and its luck if it succeeds.
    dlovelymomma

Comment by dlovelymomma (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I know many couples who found their life mates online. I have also heard many horror stories. Before my DD was born, I used to bartend and cocktail. I befriended many women who did online dating, they had all their first dates while I was working and I had their personal info to check up on them. I was a brides maid at one wedding and the rest are still dating or have had no luck yet. I am all for it as long as you take safe precautions.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It's not for me, but I know some people who successfully met that way. I say, "whatever blows your skirt up."
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• In general, I have noticed that some people will chat/txt for a long time before they meet and once they meet there might be no "sparks" there and then the possible relationship fades off. The best part about meeting men/women in person is you feel their energy and decide if you like it. The best part about chatting before you meet is you can see if your beliefs/ideals match close enough to avoid future conflict and then you meet to see if you are interested in taking it further.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I just don't think it's the safest thing. I would much rather meet someone the old-fashioned way, which I did DH and I met in the military.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• just recently there are 4 cases negative effects of chatting and txting.

a girl was gang rape and found walking around naked and her trauma caused her insaniity and until now.
    a guy was stabbed to death and robbed by anotther man who became his bf...
    a woman was robbed
    anothr rape case, a girl was drugged and abused
    dlovelymomma

Comment by dlovelymomma (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I guess all forms of meeting and dating have there ups/downs or pros/cons. You can get hurt by just meeting up with someone and you think they are nice so you go out and he hurts you or vice versa. It seems all the same to me. Have I ever had personal experience with meeting someone online - no. have I had bad experiences meeting someone IRL - yes. But it seems to me it doesnt really matter where you meet them.
    Malissa1578

Answer by Malissa1578 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Bad things happen to women who meet men in bars and clubs. Bad things happen to couples as well. Its all over the place, not just people who meet on the internet. I have a friend who moved to marry a man she met on "World of Warcraft". They are soooooo happy.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2011