31 weeks and 5 days pregnant and having back pain and menstrual-like cramps why?

im 31 weeks and 5 days pregnant. i went to doctor to find out if i had an infection such as UTI...but my urine came back clear. so now im having this pain in my lower back that feels like a UTI but it isn't. sometimes it gets to where i have to walk funny because it hurts so bad. and menstrual-like cramps come and go but aren't timable. any1 have any idea what this might be. i find out thursday hopefully. so any opinions would be appreciated.

Warrenbaby

Asked by Warrenbaby at 12:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That sounds like contractions to me. I am 28 weeks and have been having those kind of pains off and on for over a month now. Try resting and drinking water to see if it helps them get better pain wise or stop.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 12:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• That is what contractions feel like.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• well it seems like everything i try doesn't help then go away. i have tried and tried all kinds of stuff and nothing has helped. but i did here about contractions except my friend told me the back pain wasn't.
    Warrenbaby

Comment by Warrenbaby (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• some people have contactions in their back...sounds like it could be contractions
    momma_twins7317

Answer by momma_twins7317 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• well see i get the menstrual-like cramps in front and back..but also i git a different kind of pain in my back and in front that isn't menstrual-like cramps but idk how to describe the pain
    Warrenbaby

Comment by Warrenbaby (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I get that cramping pain in my back too that is different. you should definitely talk to your doctor as soon as you get the chance and also it would be a good idea to write down when you are getting them and how strong the pain is even if they aren't really that easy to time so you can get an idea of how often they are coming. I know its hard, but also try to relax and stay calm. In my experience getting too stressed and anxious will just make it worse.

Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 1:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• the pain in my back feels like a horrible UTI infection left untreated. but my urine came back clear.....so its not that. and its usually there all day and during the night..but there are times its way worse last night i got up and i could barely walk it was hurting so bad. and right now i got the menstrual cramps running in with the back pain. and im not stressing but its still a lil ways before i have my son so i just need answers.
    Warrenbaby

Comment by Warrenbaby (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2011