??? Should a mom still get to feel?

I have two kids a two year old and a two month old!!! I never have time to do myself up anymore, i just wake up and throw my hair in a pony and start my day... it is really starting to get to me, i feel like i never get to look like a woman anymore!! i miss gettting dressed up and putting on makeup and getting a cute outfit on.. SHould a mom still get to feel sexy? and what is too sexy??

mykidsloveme08

Asked by mykidsloveme08 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am with you! I have a 9 month old and I am almost 4 months pregnant, I feel like I am just a big ole frumpy ball of mass! I like to feel sexy, but it is hard when you feel like a cow and you have spit up on your pants and baby food in your hair! I think we deserve a day to ourselves to just pamper!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Hell yes!! But now you have do it when you have a moment to spare..nap time, get up earlier...i dont everyday but i enjoy the days i get to.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Absolutely. I have been there. Do you have anyone who can help you out so you can go out to dinner or something?
    Quinn525

Answer by Quinn525 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Ugh I feel the SAME way!!!
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 1:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Yes a woman should always be able to feel sexy! I do my hair and makeup everyday, even if I don't feel like it, it makes me feel real good!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 1:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Lets start today!! lol....Thats what I'm going to do! It is so hard to do when you have kids but if we try hard enough we can do it. I agree with sugamomma3 that you have to make time for it! Naps...even though you wanna nap yourself, get up early, even though you wanna sleep in cuz you're so tired from doing everything! For me, I feel better when I feel nice.. at least the basics...hair done, clothes on and ironed....face washed...lol! I dont wear makeup but am 27 and may start now.....who knows. I say dress in a way that makes you comfortable and confident and consider things that may happen when you have kids....(You may have to chase after them, they may pull on your clothes sometimes, you may have to pick them up which pulls at your clothes sometimes and dont let me get started on breastfeeding moms who have to wear clothes that allow them to breastfeed easily :) just my thoughts
    HoPeForU

Answer by HoPeForU at 2:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• without reading everyone elses answer i am gonna toss my two cents in....I felt this way after both children and now even more so since taking over 24/7 care of my mother in law who is 80 yrs old. When i get in a pony tail rut I cut my hair...right now its kinda curly and in a clip...out of my face but i still feel put together. make sure you get out of your jammies even if its to put on something else as comfortable just make sure you change clothes. I dont wear makeup...my kids destroy any i buy, but i will when i can apply some mascara or a little eye shadow...lip gloss can do wonders. we all go through the rut.we are moms and most the time we are to distracted to care for ourselves. as for whats to sexy...think of it this way...do you want to worry every time you bed over that your booty shows or you breasts will fall out...i wear lots of pants since i have a 2 and 4 yr old who like to run crazy...just a thought though
    LadyOsgood

Answer by LadyOsgood at 2:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2011