Spotting blood at 38 weeks?

I'm just curious because this is a weird one for me! I started spotting Friday, Sat and Sun. Sun I called in just because I was worried and they, of course, wanted to check me out. So, I spent two hours in L&D because after the nurse checked me I started having contractions. They ended up stopping and I went home at 3cm, fully effaced, same as I came in. It's Tues, I'm still spotting red blood. Is it cause for concern that I've been spotting this long without going into labor?

Slinkee

Asked by Slinkee at 4:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds completely normal, some people have "bloody show" days before they go into active labor. GL call you dr if you are too worried.
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Go back to the doctors! You're already 3cm a few days ago? 4cm is active labor, if you're spotting, I would be concerned, call your obgyn doc now!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• for the safety and health of your baby, they should do an ultrasound for sure
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Have you called the dr back? It could have something to do with the placenta. I would call the dr asap and let them know. If the placenta detaches prematurely it can be a bad outcome for all involved. Good Luck
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• well i dont know if its bad but id be calling my dr again and letting him know nothing is happening and your still spotting. I never spotted like that so i dont know but bettter to be safe then sorry.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• It could be spotting from being checked. You'll spot when you dialate too. I would just call your doc. They won't admit you until you are having contractions. I was 4cm and still walking around
    Anonymous