What is it with some people?

I was in the store earlier today going towards the check out and a woman tried cutting in front of me and I wouldn't let her so she started making all sorts of rude and ignorant comments and making sighing sounds.

Why do people feel they have the right to try and cut in front of you? What ever happened to common courtesy?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Shopping

• Yep stand your ground. I once had a family use their kid to keep pushing on me, like that was going to make the checkout go faster. I finally had to tell the kid to back off, then the mom had some sob story, yada yada ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Well clearly because THEY Are far more important than you are lol!~ didn't you know... its amazing isn't it..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I only let people cut in front of me if they have a screaming infant or are injured and probably shouldn't be walking :) anyone else can wait like the rest of us.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Yeah, manners have become extinct!! I was shopping alone a couple of months ago, and ended up standing in a very slow and long line. A woman behind me kept creaping up closer to me, I knew what she was trying to do. Sure enough, she moved in front of me. I told her that I had been standing there for a while and she was behind me. (she already knew that, we had been there long enough!) She looked at me for several seconds, then said something like Oh, and moved back behind me. I was not "giving in" that time! GRRRR!!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 3:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Manners are out the window anymore.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• People are asses.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I almost turned around and punched her but refrained myself from saying or doing anything because I had my boys with me. They both asked what her problem was after we got outside
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• When citizenship was taken out of schools, manners and common courtesy went out the window. Add to that people who were raised by parents who told them that they are number 1.

Sometimes if a person seems to be pushy I will say OH GO AHEAD, YOU SEEM TO FEEL YOU ARE MORE IMPORTANT AND IN SUCH A HURRY, I INSIST YOU GO FIRST! most people when called on their rude selfish behavior will back off.

the trick to doing this is to seem sincere.

then other times I stand my ground and very assertively state that I was before that person and that they are going to wait just as everyone else has.
    I_luv_Vera

Answer by I_luv_Vera at 10:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2011