Do any of your kids play music?

Music is huge in my husband's family and last night our 15 month old figured out how to blow into a harmonica to produce noise (not pleasant noise, but he made sounds come out of it). I want to believe he will be a musical child, but he has MY genes too. I can't even hum.....:)

alphamom26

Asked by alphamom26 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• Aww how cute!! Mine's only 12 months, and he loves to "drum" and "sing" into a microphone! I have a pretty good ear for music so i'm hoping he will too. I always say he's gonna be my little drummer boy, he just loves the drums, playing or listening to them!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My son is 3 almost 4 now and been playing drums since 1. He started just beating it, then made different beats with both hands, then started playing drums to music he heard and stays on beat! He will sit at a drum or piano for hours (No exaggeration). I sing and husband makes music too and my family all sings. He loves to listen to music and can remember words to songs pretty quickly. (Songs and movies...lol) Just think...many commenting on here, their kids may become music legends....(No pressure from us though) (: I definitely believe in allowing your child to do what they love and not what us parents force them to do (Intentionally or not)

HoPeForU

Answer by HoPeForU at 1:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I would be so happy if he had the music gene :) My husband is musically brilliant. When he was a little kid (7-8) his dad would turn his back to him, play a note on the guitar, then ask him to find the note. First try every time :) He went to sound recording school and still plays, but not as much as he used to.
    alphamom26

Comment by alphamom26 (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2011