How does a single mom do it?

My husband is the greatest help in the world to me. I just can't imagine doing it alone....I feel so bad for all the single moms out there.

alphamom26

Asked by alphamom26 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• You shouldn't feel bad for us! I'm proud to say I'm an independent single mother! & I'm doin a damnnnn good job!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I Have a very helpful husband as well, thank God, so I couldn't imagine having to do it on my own! But I also know that as a mom I would go to the end of the world and beyond for my son and being a mommy can be a hard job at times, but we do what we have to do. And if I were a single mom it we be double the work load this I know, but u have no choice but to do it! Props to all mothers out there and double props to the ones doing it on their own :)
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 1:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• You don't think about it really, having someone to help is a luxury not a necessity. We just do what we have to for our little people.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• One day at a time & one paycheck at a time...
    But seeing my kids grow up to be great productive citizens, despite their fathers being an add...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I'm a temporary single mom ( long story)...my kids keep me going, they need me, thats all I can think of
    oregonduck

Answer by oregonduck at 1:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Stay strong moms (Single and married). Just raising kids at all is a challenge.
    HoPeForU

Answer by HoPeForU at 1:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• You shouldn't. It's better to be single mom, then a married mom, who's husband not only non supportive in parenting, but also disturbs the righteous parenting path.
    LadyGI

Answer by LadyGI at 6:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• don't feel bad. i love being a single mother. it rocks!
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• you just do what you have to do! I've always put my son first no matter what and I always make sure my boy has what he needs before anything else!
    Hershey_kisses

Answer by Hershey_kisses at 3:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2011