Breast milk Part 2

So I asked abut my breast milk not coming in right the response I got were that it is probably just regulating itself. Which is fabulous but my DS has only been eating for 5 minutes at a time and about 20 minutes later hes hungry again but only eats for 5 minutes again. Whats going on?

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They go thru all these stages. My son is starting this again (he's 7 mo.) He comes to me to nurse for comfort or I think he is just thirsty. I have a Mei Tai carrier and it is a life saver for days when he is nursing constantly. It makes us both happy. I can still get stuff done and he gets to nurse when he needs.

If you have a carrier I would suggest trying that. I would recomend a sling type or wrap carrier where baby and mommy are touching. Store bought carriers are not good for nursing.
    Faewds

Answer by Faewds at 7:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i dont know how old your baby is but it sounds like hes little so chance are hes either falling sleep during feeding? or keep in mind there bellys are tiny no bigger then there little fist and he can only hold so much in i.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Looks like you have a new baby... my guess is he is falling asleep..but you didn't say. So when he falls asleep wake him up. You can start a feeding with kangaroo care where you put you baby on your bare chest with a diaper on. With the baby belly to belly with you and facing upright. Stroke his back to stimulate rather than soothe... this gets the baby nice and ready to eat. Then during the feeding keep him awake by playing with his feet and rubbing them... or move his arm around. If he falls asleep, take him off, burp him, change his diaper and start again. After the second time if he falls asleep, burp him.. if he stays asleep, then let him sleep until he wants to eat again.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• How old is baby? Is baby sputtering, coughing, spitting up? Is baby falling asleep at the breast is that how you are determining being done?

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 4:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I would need more information, but it sounds like it could be a growth spurt. Or nursing for comfort. The remedy for either? Continue to nurse on demand.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008