Spinal tap

my almost 3 year old had 2 siezures yesterday. they did a spinal tap on him. ever since yesterday when he came home he has been crying in pain and i ask where it hurts and he points where they did it. its non stop crying and screaming. i know it would hurt but should he be in this much pain. he has a doctors appointment later. should i just take him to the e.r now or wait

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would take him to the ER.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• ER TIME!
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 1:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• He probably has a "migraine" spinal taps are notorious for causing them. Plus i'm sure his back does hurt. I would call the doc NOW and ask what you can do to help him feel better
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i called trying to get him an earlier appointment but they didnt have any. he finally slept last night but woke up crying in pain. you can see three spots where they put the needle in so im wondering if they missed and did something wrong
    djsmommy13

Comment by djsmommy13 (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• This is all common with spinal taps. Did you talk to a nurse? Because that's who you need to talk to, not the ladies at the appointment desk. Give him some ibuprofen and see if that helps.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• he has been taking medicine this whole time because he had a fever and its not helping at all
    djsmommy13

Comment by djsmommy13 (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• This is no rocket science - your young child just had a major test done! Take him to the damn ER . That poor baby is hurting and you are asking cafemom!?!?
    heather_kygirl

Answer by heather_kygirl at 1:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• sorry i asked a damn question get a life
    djsmommy13

Comment by djsmommy13 (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• DJsmommy, You obviously are concerned for your child. Or else you wouldn't be searching for questions. Please don't be offended by others on this site that have no tact. My oldest now 18 had a seizure when he was 2 and they ended up doing 2 spinal taps on him in the week he was in the hospital. It has been many years since then but I don't remember him being in that type of pain. I don't want to scare you but I would probably take him to at least an Urgent care and then they can tell you if he needs to go on to the ER. Keep us posted May God watch over him.
    Hugs
    MommaB0334

Answer by MommaB0334 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2011