• 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
• 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 medium yellow onion, cut in half vertically, then sliced into 1/4-inch rings
• 3 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
• 1 (14-16 oz.) package fully cooked lean smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 tablespoon ground ginger
• 1 tablespoon vinegar
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1/2 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
• 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks, or canned pineapple chunks, drained
1 ADD vegetable oil to 10-inch skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook and stir sliced sausage, green pepper, onion and tomatoes 5 to 10 minutes, until sausage is heated through and vegetables begin to soften.
2 COMBINE cornstarch, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and apricot preserves; stir into sausage mixture. Stir until mixture is bubbly and sauce begins to thicken.
3 ADD two cups of drained pineapple chunks. Reduce heat to low and stir until pineapple is heated through. Serve over cooked rice.
Answer by AngieBry at 1:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2011