Why does she plan things with me and then tell me AFTER that...

she cant come get us or drive me back. This morning my sister asked me if i would like to go to the beach tommorow and since she knows i dont drive and in the process of getting my license (no i dont have a car), she knows i need a ride there and back so she expects me to find a ride after all this planning we did, i even wet to see if everyone had their swimsuits in order and went to see if i had any sandals. Its like the last thing she adds in.

this happens when she invites me and my husband out to the bar too. she plans it all out with us and then says we need a ride home. i wish she would just say it to begin with, ya know?

can you relate?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• She's either rude or dumb. But till you have your license you NEED to be pro-active and make transportation plans first. When she invites you anywhere, the first words out of your mouth before "yes" or "no" have to be, "How are we getting back and forth?"

Answer by gdiamante at 2:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have been in the position of planning with a friend who didn't have a car. I always knew that when we made plans that I would be driving and that she's need me to pick her and her children up. I think it's rude of your sister to invite you and then not be prepared to follow through. I would just say no next time to anything she planned for you. If she asks why, just remind her you don't have a car.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• If she's done it before, you should ask up front each time she tries to make plans with you to avoid it
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Glad you are getting your license. Some people love their freedom and want to do things on thier own terms and at their time frame. Soon you will have more options and won't have to rely on her. You will love it !! When will you be getting your license?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It is sucky she does it, but I agree with pp if you know she is like this I would start asking up front.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• hopefully july 15th. second time trying.
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• yeah i should really remember to do that, thank goodness i didnt tell the kids and get them excited, i was about to shave my legs and paint my toenails though :(
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i sent her a messege and said if the SIL (she invited her too, she does have a car and lives a few feet away) doesnt reply back then no, i cant go.
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• yeah...that's rediculous...if she's gonna invite u, knowing that u don't have a car she could at least pick u up. if she's not gonna help u out then don't invite u to begin with. shoot i am the opposite...my sis will plan stuff n not tell me...and boom i just got vollenteered to do something..that's what i hate..lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• she actually did it again so i took everyone's advice and asked her before i got into planning with her "are you offering a ride" just right off the bat and she had said she was hoping someone else could, so i'm glad i caught on to that and learned something very valuable that will help me in the future.
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2011