What would you do??????

Please read till the end as to why I did what I did

I figured that my kiddos needed to let out some energy and play outside...I was standing in the kitchen looking out the window expecting to enjoy a mothers moment watching them play...and there he goes my 4 yr old jumped off his bike and walked like 20 feet towards his brother and the whole walk he was throwing him "the finger".. he looked back twice at the door to see if I was watching but had no idea I was at the window.. he got to him and then I swung open the door he looks at me and smiles and I said what are you doing..."just playing" I told him I saw you get in here now.. he came in like nothing and said "how did you see me with a smile"..........OMG I hardly ever spank my kids but he got it good. He is now scrubbing the walls...............To top it all my hubby came home for lunch and said "what do you want me to do..and laughed" He said I get mad over nothing and he is just a kid......what would you do??????

This is not the first time he has done something out of the ordinary.....he will cuss at them ..I have yet to gear it... he hits throws thing pinches so that they will have a mark... Like I said I hardly spank them especially him because he will just laugh in my face he does not take me seriously.. I guess I had it when I saw that I have thrown toys away cleaned out his room just leaving the bed.. Im scared he is getting out of control...my 2 older kids never did anything like that. and as far as hubby and I being on the same page nope he lets him do whatever he can sit there and "get on to him and he will talk in a firm voice and then my son cracks a smile and daddy laughs..thats 9 out of 10 times its ridiculous.........Maybe I shouldn't have spanked him but I have tried everything else......He knows throwing the finger is bad we have had that talk before its not just something he thought would be funny he knew it was wrong.....Time outs do not work he will tell me "this is fun"

Lilrugrats

Asked by Lilrugrats at 1:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• you spanked him for giving his brother the finger? I only have one and he's 3 so I don't really know what I would have done but to me, that sounded a bit over board.. time out or a toy taken or something else..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I would punish him. He is old enough to know. Give him time out and take something he likes away, like video game. I will also make sure you are on the same page with discipline with your H
    lamping

Answer by lamping at 1:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• First off, you spanked him for that? & hes four and you're making him wash down the walls? Thats a little outrageous if you ask me.. IF my kids would have done that.. definitely a time out.. or maybe just come inside for the day!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I would had did what you did!!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 1:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• If it waa my kid I would have popped his little butt. He knows its wrong and should not be doing that. Sometimes time outs don't do it. I don't think the punishment was too much. I bet he'll think twice befor putting out that finger again
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 1:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• DO you know where he learned it from? Address the source possibly. My 3 year old uses his middle finger as a pointer finger but its completely innocent he isn't meaning anything about it at all. I just noticed it the other day. BUT one day he came home and mooned me !! I was flabergasted, he had learned it from another little boy at daycare and I quickly addressed it with the sitter. She addressed it with the other kid and his parents and I guess talked to all the kids at daycare about proper behavior as It never has happened again. Good Luck
    MommaB0334

Answer by MommaB0334 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• This is not the first time he has done something out of the ordinary.....he will cuss at them ..I have yet to gear it... he hits throws thing pinches so that they will have a mark... Like I said I hardly spank them especially him because he will just laugh in my face he does not take me seriously.. I guess I had it when I saw that I have thrown toys away cleaned out his room just leaving the bed.. Im scared he is getting out of control...my 2 older kids never did anything like that. and as far as hubby and I being on the same page nope he lets him do whatever he can sit there and "get on to him and he will talk in a firm voice and then my son cracks a smile and daddy laughs..thats 9 out of 10 times its ridiculous.........Maybe I shouldn't have spanked him but I have tried everything else......He knows throwing the finger is bad we have had that talk before its not just something he thought would be funny he knew it was wrong.
    Lilrugrats

Comment by Lilrugrats (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Oh and time out ha... the last time I did that he said "this is fun." It did not bother him at all....
    Lilrugrats

Comment by Lilrugrats (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Maybe you should sit down and have a SERIOUS talk with dad. It sounds like he is the issue and why your son isn't taken you serious
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 1:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have tried and tried and tried to talk to him he just tells me Let me deal with him..........and thats not working........... I am making him take a nap now that he does hate
    Lilrugrats

Comment by Lilrugrats (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2011