Sam's Club

okay, so i recently started shopping there and loved it! however, this last trip i went just last week, two of my items were moldy within a few days :( first was the red grapes i bought, then today i noticed my bread was already getting moldy. WTF? has anyone else encountered this issue?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Shopping

• Do not throw it away. Take it back. Even without the receipt. They can pull up a list of everything you have purchased and when with your Sam's card. They are fantastic about giving receipts.
    They stand behind their products and their associates are trained to give good customer service with returns. I am not surprised about the grapes, but I am with the bread. Do not let this discourage you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I haven't there but another store I used to shop at had many issues with expired or nearly expired food.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I would bring it back. Do you still have your receipt? Even if you don't, I'm sure they will give you new items. They want their customers to be happy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i live in a fairly small town on the outskirts of a big city, and we already have a walmart, target and other grocery stores. so maybe the demand at sam's isn't large enough and they're leaving food on the shelves too long from overstock? either way i'm angry that i spent all this money last week and have already had to throw out large quantities of food.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i threw the receipt away and the food also. i didn't think of taking it back, good idea.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2011