Do you bake a ham for christmas dinner?

if so how do you prepare it before putting it in the oven?

ilovemylilymae

Asked by ilovemylilymae at 4:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

• It depends on what kind of ham it is and who is coming to my house that year. Normally I just give a good rub down with brown sugar and then drizzle some honey over it. It makes a nice little glaze while it cooks. My mom prefers it sprinkled with brown sugar, then I toothpick on some pineapple slices with cherries in the middle and pour the pineapple juice over it. Makes for a nice presentation when it's done also. Good luck!!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 4:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Thought I might also point out that I usually buy a Smithfield ham that has already been smoked or baked so basically you're just reheating and flavoring it. If you're going with one of those canned hams or pink lumpish looking things from the meat dept. I really have no clue. Those things always looked like a big chunk of spam to me.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 4:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I make a glaze of mustard and brown sugar. I'm allergic to cloves, but cloves are good pressed in, too.

Answer by Bmat at 4:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2008