Have you ever been cheated on? (physically or emotionally, etc)

Were there signs leading up to it? How did you react/respond to it? Did you stay or give them the boot? What is your story?

Msunique80

Asked by Msunique80 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• My husband chose to masturbate to porn instead of having sex with me. He also cybered with TOO MANY women online and even did it while I was pregnant and sleeping in the room. He didn't stop after I gave birth either. He lied about it but we're still together, he knows I lost trust in him but I'm trying really hard to forgive him.
    Anonymous

• Yes and it went on for years. I chose to "not know" but the signs were all there. If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck! LIsten to your inner self...you'll KNOW.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 4:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• If it's all in his head and his own hand it's not cheating.
    Anonymous

• i WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO GET IT IF HE CHEATED. AS FAR AS I KNOW HE NEVER HAS.
    Anonymous

• I don't think that I could forgive my husband for cheating on me.

I pray that would never happen
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Yes..I was cheated on. Actually just recently found out about it. I have been with my Husband for 6 years, and we have 2 beautiful little boys. Its not like he had sex with someone one time and left it alone...he carried on a relationship with this person behind my back for 5 months. (While I was pregnant with our youngest...who is 3 months) It was devestating, too many emotions and hurt to describe...but come New Years he is gone..
    MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 6:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My husband came home from Korea and told me that he had met someone, that he was in love with her, that he loved me and wanted to make things work. Two weeks before we moved from NJ to CO. THAT was an interesting car trip, fer sure! We had been married for 11 years. There were signs, I saw them, so it was no surprise. Still almost destroyed me.

It has been a rough 5 years since he did this. We separated and are now back together. He's currently stationed in Okinwaw. I have seen no signs of him cheating since we decided to work things out a year ago. I finally recognized my worth and he has as well. When he gets home for good, we're going to start marriage counseling. Until then, we're in individual counseling. It's been a long road, but I am happy with my decision.
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 6:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My husband cheated on me and claims it was lack of sex and affection. He cheated on me with someone I used to be friends with, at that point in our relationship I didn't care, it was pretty much over. What annoyed me is him blaming the affair on me, it was my fault and he told me he was going to f%%$*% someone else. He would say that to me in an arguement and of course I would tell him "go ahead" so he used that as his exuse and that I told him to do it. When I found out I told him I was finished with him and I moved out.
    Anonymous

• He turned into a stalker he would call me and beg me to come back we needed to work things out blah blah blah. I was young and I wanted it to work so I took him back and he told me he ended the relationship, he didn't he continued to see this girl. Well to get even with both of them I broke up with him technically and he kept his relationship with her and I continued to sleep with him behind her back. It worked she was devestated and made his life a living hell. I know this is crazy, but now we are happily married and we have put all of that behind us.
    Anonymous

• I have been with my husband 21 years and he has emotionally cheated twice. The first time was with a friend of mine for 30 years. She came to my daughter graduation party and they started hooking up right after. all the signs were there. New clothes late night, unanswered where abouts. An excessive amount of cell phone calls. I confronted, he confessed and I told him to make a decision her or me. I believe marriage is forever and I love him but he had to make a decision. He gave her up apologized and we worked things out i thought. three years later he hooks up with a girl at work(just recently) 900 plus text messages. I called him out again told him it needed to stop, called her and went off on her and he stopped the texting. I believe we are on track again however, three times your out.
    Anonymous